Sunday 18 October 2015

Maya Tutorials:Texturing 1: Common Shaders


I found this tutorial relevantly easy, and it was fun to see the robot model adapt to different materials, chrome and glass being my favourites. Maya didn't like working with the Lambert material so doing the glowing with and without object was a little hard due to the program crashing.
Producing the results as a gif through photoshop was the most challenging part of the whole thing in all honesty, I even had to get outside help from someone who posts their own gifs on a regular basis. Because of this inexperience with producing that kind of file, it seems as though looping is an issue even though I set it to loop more then once, so I have included some stills as well. Hopefully my skills with making gif files on photoshop improves for the final pieces.





No comments:

Post a Comment